Derek & Mommy's Trip to Utah.....

Derek & I had the chance to fly to Utah for a good friends wedding on May 20th. The whole thing was a surprise set up by my friend Lindsay Knudsen (now Roberts) fiance Chris. He flew me and Derek out for a quick two day trip. It was so neat to surprise her and be able to enjoy that special time with them. It was really good to see family and friends too.


Derek did so good on the plane! I had packed a ton of stuff thinking that he was going to be an angry little guy and that the whole time would be awful. To my surprise he looked out the window and pointed at the people, smiled, cuddled up to me and then slept the entire time... and that was both flying to Utah and home to Arizona. I was impressed! He was such a trooper and enjoyed the time he spent with both sets of his grandparents. (Thank you again Mom & Dad, Val & Narlene for watching Derek during the trip it helped immensely)!

Before the wedding reception in South Jordan we stopped by my mom's house and had a little picnic while we waited for them to get home.
Derek was sure to keep me on track with my expenses by checking every receipt I had and ensure that I followed the rules as Daddy was still back in Arizona. What a good helper.



Before we knew it we were headed back to the airport the next morning to catch an early flight. Derek and I both were exhausted! I took a six hour nap when I got home and Derek slept about the same. It was so fun to see everyone for as much time as I could in 48 hours, but no worries... We're still planning on coming down near the end of July. (23rd-26th) so we'll do our bestest to see everyone we missed.




0 comments:
Post a Comment