Good Ol Swine Flu.... Not So Much Good
Well for those of you who haven't heard yet. Derek was tested for swine flu Monday when we took him in because of a cough he had that developed in the days before and had gotten worse. When the doctor came back in the room after running a test,he told me Derek tested positive for swine flu. I felt immediately a weight added to my shoulders. Asking the doctor what we needed to do to get him better, and to keep it from the baby, my mind was racing with questions and thousands of concerns. He said to separate the two of them asap. This all happening the same week that Bryson started back at work after being off for two weeks to help with the baby.
I sat in my car for a minute and couldn't help but cry. I care the world about my boys and the last thing I wanted to see, was either of them being sick. I texted Bryson and filled him in, right away he could tell there was panic on my end. He is so good about calming me down. The night was long, and stressful having to keep them separate and keeping our house and ourselves as clean as possible.
The boys and I had our first official day where Bryson was back at work for the full day and we were all by ourselves. I was scared to death to think about how crazy the day would be. As Bryson walked to the door I said, "Don't be surprised if when you get home I still look like this". He laughed but I was totally serious. ha ha ha. Well we made it through some how and little Derek doesn't act like he's even sick at all, running around the house and getting in to everything. Glad to see him like his normal self, but it doesn't make it any easier to have to tend to Deron in his room and keep Derek out at all times. It makes for a crazy day. Very glad when Daddy comes home, glad as I can be!
As for him getting better, the doctor has him on antibiotics for 5 days, and then said he is okay to be around other people. So we're counting down the days for sure!
He was in pretty good spirits with me today, and patient when I had to leave the room for a little bit to take care of his little brother. I think the hardest thing has been having to tell Derek he can't give "loves" to his baby brother. He isn't happy about that part one bit!




1 comments:
We hope he gets better soon and everyone else doesn't get sick. Our prayers are with you guys. Way to be strong.
The pictures are wonderful. Thanks for posting them.
Post a Comment