Sunday, April 4, 2010

Our Easter
Saturday night we did our Easter eggs, and it was so fun! I never thought I could experience coloring eggs without making a mess, but thankfully my Derek hates to be dirty at all so he didn't want to get messy. That made for fast clean up and a very happy Mommy.
Derek thought it was so neat to turn a white egg in to a beautiful colored one. Daddy did such a good job keeping little Deron busy and happy by playing while Derek and I hurried and colored our eggs.
We put the boys down and went to work. Sadly we got all of our Easter basket stuff Saturday night, so there were slim pickin's. But with our skills we picked some pretty sweet stuff for $1.00. We shared the toys, candies, and books between both baskets. Derek thought they were all such fun things! He was so surprised when he walked in to the family room and saw the baskets overflowing with goodies.
A little while later after enjoying some jelly bellies we headed out back for a pool side Easter egg hunt. Derek mastered this event earlier in the week at his daycare, and was quick to find all the eggs.
He was so proud of himself for having a bucket full of eggs. I was quick to distract him and put them all in a bagy and save him from getting an upset tummy.
We had a great Easter, and the only thing that could have made it any better would have been to be able to spend the day with all of our family and friends. We love you guys and miss you all so much!

1 comments:

LittleFamilyJL said...

Looks like such a fun Easter!! I'm glad you colored eggs, because even though I bought a lovely egg-dying kit....we never got around to it! Oh well. It's a good thing the Easter Bunny manufactures plastic eggs.
We love you guys!