Pork Chops First Major Ouch!
Yes, We had our first major accident. Derek decided he was going to straighten his hair, when instead he thought it would be more fun to pull on the cord making the straighter come right on his arm. Me of course being a first time mom was freaking out, after a cold wash cloth and what ended up being an hour talking to my mom, she calmed me down enough that I got him in to his doctor as soon as possible.
They gave us an ointment and bandages to put on his arm 3 times a day. He didn't seem bothered by it much unless it bumped against something. Friday was the last day he had to wear the bandages, and it is nearly all cleared up. He sure is a trooper. He handled it in his usual manner of crying for only a minute then wanting to go play with toys. I think he was more scared because I was crying and in a panic.
We're happy that the burns weren't anything serious, and our doctor said to expect many more "ouch's" to be on the way. I can only imagine the things that our headed our way! ha ha ha Derek is already getting into, standing on, pulling out, slobbering on, and chewing on anything that his little body can reach. Oh boy... we're going to need gates at the new house!
0 comments:
Post a Comment