Meet:
Deron Paul Robison
Deron Paul Robison
Well the time that we all had been waiting for has happened. We have our newest little bundle of joy here with us and our family couldn't be happier. He joined us Sunday September 6, 2009 at 2:14 in the afternoon. (5 pounds, 12 oz. and 19 inches long) I had woken up around 3:00 AM with some uncomfortable contractions, and noticed they were coming every 10 min or so. Thinking to myself, nothing is going to come of it, we are going to have to wait until the 9th to be induced I went back to bed. The contractions didn't stop and about 5:00 I noticed they were about 8 min apart. I leaned over to Bryson and said I think there is going to be a baby born today, in which his reply was " Are you sure"?I then filled him in on how I had been having contractions and what not and both of us thinking with our luck it would end up another false alarm went back to sleep. 6:00 came and they were getting really strong, so I got up and went online to a contraction counter; we were down to about 7 min apart.
I grabbed my phone and sent a couple texts out to make sure people had their cell phones with them because I thought this was going to be the day. We went about our morning as usual, but in the back of my mind I knew everything would be changing before long. So I told Bryson maybe around noon if the contractions hadn't worn off that we would go in and get checked out. By 8:30 we were down to them being about 5 min apart or so. I tried to stay relaxed and finish getting Derek's overnight bag ready to go as well as all my last minute things. By 9:30 I told Bryson we weren't going to make it to noon that we needed to get going by 10:00. So he got up and got ready, and I sent Val a text saying that this was no false alarm and that we were going to head to the hospital asap. Val came and picked Derek up and Bryson and I were out the door by 10:30 ish. The hospital is only 10 min or so away, and it felt like it had taken an hour to get there. In the car my contractions were down to about every 3 minutes, I started to think, "what if we don't make it to the hospital".We got checked in and they took me back. Sure enough I was at a 6 and 100% effaced. The nurse said, "You're not going anywhere". When they let Bryson come back I told him the news, and his face had a look of shock. It actually was here, they weren't going to send me home. They got us over to Labor and delivery, and set me up with my epidural. The doctor that gave me the epidural was lucky the nurse was holding my hands down, I wanted to slap him upside the head because it felt like I was getting a spinal tap. Finally they got the right spot and we were on our way to having the baby here. About an hour later I was nearly passed out from the medicine and all of the sudden my water broke. The nurse came running in, and I told her "He's right there!, He's right there"! She checked my and sure enough the expression on her face said it all. She grabbed a couple other nurses and started setting everything up. I told Bryson, "There is so much pressure, I have to push, I can't wait any longer"! Before long the doctor came in and she put her gloves on and I asked, "Can I push"? She smiled and said lets go for it! 5 pushes later there he was; draped across my chest and perfect. I immediately looked to Bryson and said, " He is so small, why is he so small"? The nurses took him away and started cleaning him off. They said he looked great, that he was perfect just a small baby. Looking across the room at the little boy all I could think was how much he looked like Derek, except with dark hair.



Later in the day Val and Narlene were going to come by and bring Derek. It wasn't until they got there that we all heard that no kids under 10 could go in to the rooms at all, because of the swine flu. None of us were happy about it and it really made me upset to think that Derek wouldn't get to see him until we got home from the hospital. But there wasn't anything we could do.

The hospital stay was great, but I couldn't wait to get home! We were released Tuesday afternoon. Derek wasn't sure about him at first and looked at him with his little eye brows lowered and was just confused as to what he was looking at. When Deron cried Derek looked at all of us like he was thinking, "What the heck is that thing"? Once we got to our house and Derek had been around him for an hour or so, you could tell he was becoming interested to see what was happening. When I put Deron down to change him Derek got down on the floor too, and watched intently. It was pretty cute. The two of them are doing good with the new adjustment and although Derek isn't interested in holding Deron he is happy to lean over and give loves to him.

Our family is doing great and we are looking forward to whats ahead for us. We have been so blessed to have such beautiful healthy baby boys and for what they bring to our family is nothing short of a blessing. Watching my husband become a proud father of two has been so amazing, and I love the example he is for them. Though our family has it's share of things that come up unexpectedly I know that with Bryson as the patriarch of the family we are going to be okay, and that everything will be the way it is supposed to be.
Thank you to everyone for your love and support. We love you all and wish we could be closer to enjoy this time with everyone.




3 comments:
Congrats! He is adorable :)
congrats you make beautiful boys
Oh my goodness he is so adorable! So fun! We tried calling a few times but never got a hold of you! Congrats congrats! He is just perfect, and so little! It is fun to see how the siblings react!
Post a Comment